Friday, February 24, 2012

Cake Friday

IMGP9874


IMGP9856

IMGP9866

This year I'm making a cake every Friday and joining along with one of my favourite bloggers .

This week's cake is Apple & Cinnamon Teacake. Committed to memory from my Grade 8 Home Economics textbook, Everyday Cookery.

Baked, taken outside and enjoyed on the swing by the wee girl this very afternoon.

Apple & Cinnamon Teacake

2 eggs. separated
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups SR Flour
2 tabs melted butter
extra cinnamon and sugar
1 cooking apple, peeled and thinly sliced

Whisk eggs whites with the salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar. Add in eggs yolks and milk, mix well. Alternately, fold in flour and melted butter. Pour into cake tin, arrange apple slices over top, then sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 55-60 minutes in a moderate oven.

Always best served warm, with a nice cuppa tea!

1 comment:

  1. looks DELISH! I love a tea cake!
    I might have to join in some weeks but on sundays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...