Friday, January 13, 2012

Macrame

Refinery29 via Pinterest

Twice in the past week I've pinned or ripped out of a magazine - macrame inspiration! Scary no? I mean SCARY YES.

I mean macrame is to those of us old enough to remember the 70s the epitome of ugliness...forced upon us wee children by hangover hippy teachers from the 1960s sporting lengths of rope and ugly brown wooden beads....so why am I drawn to it? Perhaps the new take on it with the bright nylon rope. I've even go so far as to check...you can buy supplies on etsy.

Her Hausfrau is not convinced, I guess I will have to wait a bit longer.

suzy xoxo

PS: tomorrow I'm sharing a finished knitted project, you remember yarn, the stuff I sell. Well I put it on some sticks, waved them around a bit and made a jumper - pretty incredible yeah?

1 comment:

  1. I used to love doing Macrame and I have been toying with the idea of using crazy bright colours to reinvent the Macrame of my youth. Perhaps we could call it crochet for plants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...