Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm screamin' too...

Well after reading about Kuka's exploits in her new ice-cream maker I got around to making a refreshing summer ice recipe that I have wanted to make for ages. It's from a little Women's Weekly book "Ice-creams and sorbets" that my mum got for me and it is delicious. It didn't set really well in the ice-cream maker as it is packed full of sugar and the hour or so that is churns for just isn't long enough to make it set. No problems though as I put all of my creations into a metal loaf tin and cover it in aluminium foil. The metal increases the set.

It is just the yummiest summer ice...........

and here's the recipe........enjoy!

Lychee, ginger and lime ICE

425g can of lychees in syrup
2 1/2 cups of water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 large orange segmented
1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
1/2 cup lime juice

Drain lychees, reserve syrup. Combine water, sugar and reserved syrup in medium pan, stir over heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved. Stir in ginger, boil, uncovered 5 mins. Chop orange segments stir into lychee syrup with rind and juice, simmer uncovered for 3 mins. Cool. Set as you desire, either in machine or into a lamington tin, and do the fork through thing when it is nearly set and set again....don't like me be too impatient and put it in the machine when room temperature, a chilled mixture sets quicker - der! I served mine over the lychees.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...