Thursday, July 14, 2011

A yarn a day (4) - Holst Garn Wool/silk blend



OK...so day four of show and tell...and the last of the Danish yarns that arrived last week.

Last but not least is Holst Garn wool/silk blend. The colour that I have chosen is aubergine which is gorgeous and already on the sticks of a friend - I'll post the end result when it is done.

With all of the yarns in the Holst Garn range, once the garment is complete you need to wash it in cold water where upon it will transform into supersoft delicious delights!

Details are:
Weight: Lace/2-ply
Unit: 50g
Yardage: 287 m/314 yds
Needle Size: 3-3.25 mm for single yarn or 4-4.5 mm with double yarn
Tension: 25 stitches to 10cm/4 in for single yarn and 16 stitches to 10cm/4 in for double yarn
Fibre: 75% wool/25% silk
Texture: Plied

Don't forget to pop back to tomorrow for a very special announcement....happy happy days!




4 comments:

  1. ooooh the colour is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripes. It looks GORGEOUS. I really should be thinking about work and not knitty play, don'tchaknow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have only discoverd your site- Divine+=- I live in Canberra and am SO excited......will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was so impressed with this stuff when I felt it! I think it will work up, and wash, beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...