Monday, December 28, 2009

A bit of bloghonesty

I don't know about you but when I read some blogs, I feel like everyone's life looks so damn perfect. Rational suzy tells me that it isn't so....so I'm giving you a little bit of bloghonesty, just every now and then.

A couple of weeks ago I was frantically baking for the re-run of the boy child's birthday party. We had to can the one in November due to a bad case of conjuctivitis. Well I'd made the cake, smartie biscuits, scones and was onto the cupcakes when the girl-child decided that she needed mummy...right now and no-one else.

The man of the house took-over, I'd already creamed the butter and sugar, added the eggs and all that was left was alternate folding in of flour and milk. Everyone knows how to do that right? Well...apparently not the man of the house. Instead of adding 2 AND 3/4 cups of flour, he added only 3/4.

And my part in this? I should have known better as I poured it into the cupcake papers, it looked just wrong! As I've said before the man of the house is a cracker of a cook, but a poop baker. And suzy as chief baker-woman who has made an inordinate amount of cakes and cupcakes since she was about 10, should have been able to spot the mistake.

Well, that's my bloghonesty!

1 comment:

  1. Very true - though my children don't really like cake; the batter is the thing. I'd split them, add strawberries and cream and you'll have the prettiest strawberry shortcakes. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...