Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Easy peasy Christmas gifts


Well this morning I'm back in the kitchen, baby sound asleep, boy child as my helper. We whipped up a batch of German ginger biscuits, rum balls and these easy peasy Christmas presents for the teachers and friends at school.

Recipe found here . Being safety conscious mummy I substituted smarties for the jaffas, didn't want the poor little blighters choking on their Christmas gift!

BTW - Last year the man of the house and I happened upon the secret to keeping our rum balls round after many years of making the same recipe and calling them rum flats. Now the average Jo may say just use less rum - no way! They tasted just as good flat, but were a bit embarrassing to serve to guests, so a good half an hour in the fridge before final shaping was the answer. I love reading this recipe every year and in pencil beside the ingredient list where it says 3 teaspoons of rum, the man of the house has pencilled "more like 5!".

Two sleeps to go.....................

3 comments:

  1. I use 2 tablespoons in my rumballs, and that is enough for taste, but not enough for failing the breath test! Ha ha.

    I always keep the rumball mix in the fridge for at least half an hour - longer on a really hot day!

    Hope you have a fab Christmas! That first photo looks yummy - hope you made enough for yourselves to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea. i wish i had checked on your page before i made some poxy shaped bickies for cole/catie's teacher's gifts. although... i would have been even more hated by the other mothers if i'd turned up with a plate of these bad boys... something for next year, thank you suzy HF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...