After the preachy last three posts on how to do boring stuff like bread and yoghourt (snore I hear you say) I thought I would just post about something random to see what you all have to say.
A few years ago I read an interview with Hugh Grant (I'm a sucker for a stiff upper lip, an indifferent arrogance and an accent), anyhoo the interviewer asked him what his favourite sound was, and he had a great answer. The sound of scotch pouring onto ice. Yeah - baby I love that sound too. It actually would be in my top five. The sound of champagne corks popping is too obvious and cheesy, as much is I love champagne. And before you scorch me I'm not going to say the sound of my babies gooing and gaaing, because that would be cheesy too - and I want the sounds on my list not to be of sounds that come of out people's mouths.
Here are my top five favourite sounds......
5. The sound of pointe shoes on a stage, audible above the orchestra. Something you can only appreciate at the theatre.
4. The sound of wind making the leaves on a silver birch shimmy.
3. The sound of scotch pouring over ice (thanks Hugh).
2. The sound of my skis groaning in powdery snow, must be powder mind you. The sound of my skis scraping on ice is one of my least favourite sounds.
1. The sound of snow - this wintry blissful silence, particularly at high altitudes. Memory flashback - the view over the Aletsch glacier from the Jungfraujoch in Switzerland.
So what are your favourite sounds? - go on make a comment............