Monday, April 8, 2013

Ravelry 101 | 5-steps | how to add your stash to your profile

So you've just bought some yarn. You admire it for a couple of days, take it out from time to time and give it a good squeeze...don't tell me you don't know what I mean. Then you place it in the stash right?

If we're honest most of us are 'stashers', very few yarn tragics in my experience buy yarn, knit, buy yarn, knit, and so on, in that order. There is always some stashing going on.

So how on earth do you keep a catalogue of that stash? So that you don't pull out 6 skeins of MadTosh in 3 years time, and say 'oh I forgot I had that'. Again, don't tell me you don't know what I mean.

Did you know that Ravelry can help you with this catalogue? That you can add your stash right in the very spot where you search for patterns, from the very comfort of your computer screen! You can search within your stash by weight, fibre or date purchased. This will help you in the long run with your project planning, and maybe even your yarn budget!


The full instructions (including pictures) are below, click on the 'Read more' link.

To add your stash to Ravelry, just follow these steps:

1.  Under the notebook tab, click on 'stash'. Then click on 'add new yarn'



2. Fill in the details. I'm going to complete this for my store listing (of course!) and BC Garn SilkBloom Fino



3. On the next screen Ravelry will prompt you to select the yarn from their database. You can enter the dye lots, amounts and purchase date and you can also enter the place of purchase. See how the database prompts for my store too.



4. On the next screen click on the green the infinity button next to the stashed yarn and store name. It will link up the yarn and the store with the Ravelry database. A green popup will appear and you just click on suzyhausfrau to finish.



5. Take a picture, upload it to your computer and then click on the photo tab. Choose the photo and then upload it to Ravelry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...