Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Style me up



I wasn't feeling so great yesterday, this head cold finally got the better of me. So in between packing orders, and following up on new stock due to arrive I finished reading this fantastic book that arrived last Friday. It is well written, informative and oh so inspirational! Hélene's blog, Tartlette is one of those uber-food blogs that never ceases to amaze me, and is always top of my reading list.

So feeling inspired, I figured there was no time like the present, hey I had an open jar of Brandied Cherries that I made a couple of months ago....and even some chocolate ice-cream at the ready. No fresh cherries unfortunately to help my styling, but that didn't stop me.

I have to say this food photography/styling thing is really hard, so much to think of - props, telling a story, lighting, depth of field...and the list goes on. I still have a lot to learn. But it is fun, fun, fun - and complements perfectly a little project that I've been working on.

Have a great day,
suzy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. And you get to eat the goodies after the photoshoot. Can't do that with knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't Hélene wonderful,have yet to get her books though, on my list now. Beautiful job Suzy as always, xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...