Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ikea haul (Part Two)

As I alluded to last week I have been on a bit of a shopping spree at Ikea of late...especially fabric! I just love it. It's simple design at its best, great decorator weight for the home (or bags for that matter ) and cheap. These cushions above were made from pieces found in the remnants bin. I'm not going to insult y'all and tell you how to make cushions. But I will say that I decided to use an invisible zip on these babies, because my invisible zip presser foot is my latest crush...and I'm loving the result.

The second set of projects that I completed from Ikea fabric are these stack of tablecloths. Finally, after years of searching I've found fabric wide enough for our six seater table that I actually like....The top one has a bit of a Marimekko feel to it don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. i like the one with the red best =)
    ps http://www.flickr.com/groups/550756@N23/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...