Tuesday, January 3, 2012

White

I found this amazing installation via Design Mom which was recently done at the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane, which is my hometown.

My kids and I recently joined in some sticker art at the National Portrait Gallery here in Canberra, but I gotta tell you it was nothing like this.

First the artist, Yayoi Kusama created a typical Australian house, and then painted it all white..
.

...then she let the kids loose.
...a few more kids,
...and here's the result!
White is such a perfect colour for this and one of the reasons I love it so much. It's the perfect blank canvas, the fresh start, the purest colour, the absence of colour and absolute simplicity - perfect for my first post of 2012.

More images of here, here and here.

Happy New Year,
suzy xoxo

PS I can tell you there was nothing as cool as this in BrisVegas in the 70s!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...