Thursday, January 5, 2012

Something for suzy...McCalls 5388


Yesterday morning I had three hours of uninterrupted sewing time and it was pure bliss. I made something for me! Nothing short of amazing I tell you. I managed to cut it out, sew it up and wear it to lunch with a friend. I think a pretty good effort for a morning's work.

The picture is not great, because I was literally running out the door and running late!

Pattern Details: McCalls 5388 View D (out of print now I think)
Fabric: Cotton Voile. Valeri Wells for Free Spirit Wildfield Cherry Fabric.

Since I began referring to Sandra Betzina's More Fabric Savvy before sewing, the finish on my garments has come on leaps and bounds. Using the correct needles, thread and seams really makes all the difference.

Have a great day,
suzy xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Looks Great, Well done!!! Its nice to sit and start and finish something in one go - and rewarding to wear it out straight away.

    I love McCalls they are great patterns to sew with :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...