Sunday, October 2, 2011

October's garden

After a shocker of a winter in the vegetable garden I'm so relieved to have Spring life appearing. The broad beans are in full flower which hopefully means beans on bruschetta for lunch really soon. In the background here you may just be able to spot some iceberg lettuces which the snails kindly leave for us to eat!

The leeks are still keeping on. I left them in-situ so that I could pick them as I needed them over the winter, but they won't like the warmer weather so I better get a wiggle on and use them up in the next couple of weeks.

My favourite tree in the garden, the Crab-apple is nearly in full bloom....isn't it glorious?

The granny smith apple tree is also in full bloom, and one of my favourite things to say to the squidgets is "can you go and find Bella under the apple tree?" Speaking of Bella, here she is enjoying the warmer weather and watching the world go by.

Come to think of it, this might be a blog debut for Bella. She is fairly sedentary these days at a respectable age of 16, so isn't often in photo range!

Don't forget to pop on over and enter my giveaway that closes this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...