Monday, September 26, 2011

New stock at suzy hausfrau

I've got to admit this yarn store thing can be a bit exciting at times! Take today for instance, after dropping the squidgets at school I ventured out to the Australian distributor of Brittany needles/crochet hooks. I was delighted last week to find them so close to me here in Canberra...not quite in Canberra but in a small village just on the outskirts. The ladies were so lovely and showed me around the warehouse which was packed with all sort of gorgeous crafty goodness. Then they gave me a trolley and let me go! I loaded up on some Brittany knitting needles and crochet hooks , plus a few new pattern books to add to the collection. There are some other sizes of Brittany still to come, and I will add more beautiful lines from them in the next few weeks.

Just take a peep at these needles and hooks, made from birch wood which originates from strictly regulated forests or small woodland owners in the US. This wood is turned by a family of craftsmen. Birch is used because it is strong, stable, resists warping and can be given a smooth finish.

I've transferred both projects that I have on the sticks and hooks tonight, and I'm smitten!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy,
    I was wondering if you sell wood/bamboo dpns in small sizes like 2-3mm? I need them for knitting some small baby socks. I have them in metal, but prefer knitting in the wood/bamboo needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Absolutely...double points will be in next week and start at 2.0mm.
    Cheers
    suzy hausfrau

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...