Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I nearly forgot

Yes I know two posts in one day - shocking. But I nearly forgot to play show and tell with my most successful winter vegie crop - broccoli. I must admit I was a wee bit sceptical about growing this one but it was easy peasy! And the florets just kept a coming and coming. I planted eight seedlings out and had more than enough for all four of us. Interestingly one of the plants produced not a single floret. I've let them all go into full bloom of flower now as it's just so pretty and it fills the space nicely before I can plant out my summer crop. Speaking of my summer crop...I just need winter to disappear totally and we'll be on our way. We had a frosty start to the morning and are heading for a top of just 10 degrees Celsius - crazy!

1 comment:

  1. that looks so impressive... to the eye and belly. bet it tasted better than market fare too. love springbrook michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...