Sunday, April 26, 2009

Show (off) and tell...

Has it really been two weeks since my last post? How remiss of me! I can assure you that the lack of posts has not meant that things are quiet on the hausfrau front for Suzy. I can hardly believe I've been on maternity leave for six months, I'm only just getting into the swing of it really.

For today's post I'll show (off) and tell a blanket for the girl-child...complete with willing model. You may recall the road travelled for this blanket, firstly my melt-down in Spotlight when I found out the price of the wool - I since doubled the size of the blanket and hence wool requirements, so those initially fears have definitely been put to bed. Then I learnt a new stitch for the foundation (not less...in house joke!) row of the blanket and voila! The pattern is from Ravelry and I did make it to fit mademoiselle's cot so it is a LOT bigger than suggested. The pattern was a bit patchy in instructions for the first row of the border, it kept making the edges curly even after several attempts. I particularly chose this pattern for it's flat and simple look so I didn't want a frou frou edge. I used Paton's Merino Deluxe basically just because I fell in love with the colour. It was a wonderful yarn to work with, and I'm as proud as punch of the result. Told you I was showing off........

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...