Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to the kitchen...

Now that my hausfrauness has been reduced to 3 days a week - I'm back at work 4 days ...I decided to get a bit of a fix over the Easter break.

Whilst I didn't get as much, actually any, sewing done...I did bake on TWO, count them TWO successive days...it's been months since I've baked a thing so believe me when I tell you it felt REALLY good!

So to the details...yesterday we had our usual Easter long lunch and for desert I made a Pear & Ginger Desert Cake from this month's Gourmet Traveller.

The recipe recommended it be accompanied with a late harvest sticky wine - and who are we to argue. It was delicious, the cake and the wine....here it is before it went into the oven. I put the pears on top as opposed to the instructions that were a bit confusing that had the pears on the bottom, but no call to invert said cake when done...what the? I made my usual skirt-lining for the cake tin a bit higher so the pears didn't burn or blacken.

...and the result all plated up complete with caramel sauce and ice-cream....yummo!

After that I snuck off for a two and a half hour nap - bliss...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...