Monday, September 21, 2009

One reason for the hiatus

One reason for my lengthy absence from la blog posting was a wonderful 7 days spent skiing with the family at Charlotte's Pass...spring skiing for those in the know can be a bit patchy, but we were absolutely stoked when it snowed for 4 days straight, which made the already pretty good spring snow perfect!

This was the view out of my bedroom window one lazy morning when it was my turn to look after the squidgets........


........and this is the result of 7 forced days of rest and relaxation.



This is the famous Tiramasu Blanket by Alicia Paulson and it is my second one, both have been gifted. I used the recommended Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton in bone, which is so soft and delicious. It's a nice easy blanket to make,and I bought enough yarn to make one for my girl-child, but I think I need a wee breather from yee-old single crochet (the American sc that is)...the pattern is a bit monotonous which was fine when my confidence was not so great, but a bit boring now...onto bigger and better things for Suzy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the contrasting trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to make something in Suzy-size next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that crotchet is beautiful.. perfect and even, lovely. mum is spinning alpaca right now and she says the feel is so tasty. well done handy pants. love springbrook michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colour like the name is just gorgeous..well done love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...